Thursday, May 28, 2009

To blog or not to blog

Well, I've only this school year started following some blogs.  They have been a great way for me to keep up to date on my niece during her year abroad in France.  It's been wonderful to read about the trips, lives and learning of several El Lago del Bosque counselors as they have spent a semester or a year abroad.  I recently started following some teachers' blogs and it is all very interesting to me.  I've thought for a long time what a shame there weren't blogs 22 years ago when I was in France.  Letters were my blog, but each person only got a small glimpse into my experiences.  With blogs, everyone can share in your entire experience.

So, I 'm going to give this blogging thing a try.  No limits but the sky!  I'm taking an on-line class right now where we will explore blogs, wikis and more.  I'm feeling very confident in my wiki skills, but not so much in my blogging.  So this is my test run.

I want to learn more about blogging, for myself, and also how I might use it in my classroom.  I am a Spanish teacher at an 8th and 9th grade school in Waukee, Iowa.  Any ideas anyone has on this would be great.

Wish me happy blogging!
Keeka

No comments:

Post a Comment